Become A Power Broker In Your Field

2010-01-19 Andy Wergedal
Originally Posted Here

It’s an old maxim: Givers get. And it’s especially true when job hunting.


image by juggler314

Our Silicon Valley recruiter, Dave Lloyd, confirms this.

“Last year, I was trying to fill a supply chain management position for a computer firm, so I contacted an industry association to see who they would recommend.

“Everyone I talked to told me the same thing: call Joe Jones in Houston. It seems Joe had organized an online forum for job seekers and was helping a lot of other folks in the process. His name was well-known among industry leaders – we offered Joe the job,” says Lloyd.

Action Step: You can join or create a job search forum for your city, using a service like www.yahoogroups.com. By sharing leads in a forum, you become the go-to person and your reputation can spread. As a
result, you may be among the first to hear of new job openings.

Compliments of David Perry and Kevin Donlin

Grab your Free Guerrilla Job Search Audio here.

0 thoughts: Become A Power Broker In Your Field

Post a Comment