How to Separate your Data and Operating System

2009-05-28 Andy Wergedal

May 27th, 2009 at 9:28 am By Gina Trapani via smarterware.org

PartitionsGina wrote: Last week I downloaded and installed the Windows 7 release candidate (free for anyone to use till June of next year) and the whole process was much easier because I've got my PC's hard drive well-partitioned.

I've got to be conversant with many operating systems, so right now I'm triple-booting XP, Vista, and Windows 7 on my PC (not to mention using OS X on my MacBook Pro). This is definitely overkill for non-tech writers, but I do think it's a good idea for power users to separate their data onto a standalone partition.

This morning at Lifehacker I ran down exactly how to do that, and what the benefits and drawbacks are. Here's the full article: How to separate your data from Windows on a standalone partition.

0 thoughts: How to Separate your Data and Operating System

Post a Comment